Monday, April 20, 2009

Weekly Book Pick

Synopsis:

Juggling the demands of her yarn shop and single-handedly raising a teenage daughter has made Georgia Walker grateful for her Friday Night Knitting Club. Her friends are happy to escape their lives too, even for just a few hours. But when Georgia's ex suddenly reappears, demanding a role in their daughter's life, her whole world is shattered. 


Luckily, Georgia's friends are there, sharing their own tales of intimacy, heartbreak, and miracle making. And when the unthinkable happens, these women will discover that what they've created isn't just a knitting club: it's a sisterhood.

*courtesty of bn.com


My Review:

I found this to be a bit slow going at first,  the story is there and the characters drew me in, but the author just didn't have me hooked with her writing. I did feel compelled to finish it, and was frustrated with her ending, but it plays out very well with the sequel (Knit Two) and I ended up being much less disappointed. I have to say that this is a book that you should definitely read while planning to read the next. They tie together very well and each complement the other perfectly, standing alone, I would not recommend. Its hard to give much more of a review as it would tend towards the spoiler section instead, after all, this is chick lit! :)





No comments: